DfE Vision Statement
That ALL pupils leave primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
5 Key Indicators
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles.
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and Sport.
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- Increased participation in competitive sport.
Alvaston Infant School is benefiting from a share in the government funding to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools.
This year, 2018-2019 we are holding the following fitness after-school clubs as a starting point:
- Multi-Gym sports
Our Sports-premium and impact 2018-2019 outlines how we are spending the funding received. We are committed to the DfE’s vision which can be seen from our Sports Premium Plan and the award of the PE Mark in Summer 2018. You can read more about our PE provision in the letter below.
We shall be offering the following
sport clubs to our children this year:
– General fitness club
The range of clubs on offer enable
the children to grow in confidence
and learn new skills, in addition
to developing their talents.
We shall add more clubs as we get
confirmation from facilitators.
Parents… Please take our Sports Survey